About Fab Medicals a Leading Medical Equipment Supplier in Lagos Nigeria
Incorporated in 2002 as a Medical Equipment Supplier in Lagos Nigeria with an initial share capital of Ten Million Naira (=N=10,000,000.00) F.A.B MEDICALS LIMITED has inherited activities being previously undertaken by ALIMOSHO CHEMISTS LTD and F.A.B INVESTMENTS LTD.
ALIMOSHO CHEMISTS LIMITED started business in 1982 as a chain of community pharmacies, but expanded in to wholesale/distribution and importation of pharmaceutical products.
F.A.B INVESTMENTS LIMITED has been engaged in transportation, supply of medical equipment’s in Nigeria, surgical instruments and disposables to government institutions and private customers since 1985.
In 2001 it was agreed that activities of the two companies be brought together under F.A.B MEDICALS LIMITED in order to achieve the following objectives:
- Achieve synergy in our operations
- Maximize returns on funds employed for our operations
- Build on and explore the business/professional network of the promoters of the two companies
- Improve access to funding by the now bigger business entity
The company obtained the franchise of Efroze Chemicals (pvt.) Limited, a Pakistani pharmaceuticals manufacturer whose flagship product is Gynaecosid tablets (a hormonal preparation indicated in secondary ammenorrhoea) is market leader in a niche segment. It registered four other products and started marketing the items in 2003.
Known as the one stop Laboratory Equipment distributor in Nigeria, the company devoted attention to tenders and government business and achieved a measure of success in this area. It was such that by 2007, the company’s turn over was almost =N=250m and about 90% of this was from institutional and donor agency supplies.
The promoters of the company realized that the major challenge facing the company is that the number of registered products are too few to support a nationwide sales and marketing organization. The company had in the past 3 years engaged in regional marketing; concentrating mostly in Lagos and Western area of the country.
OUR MISSION & VALUES
To be the best and most admired Healthcare Company in Nigeria whose brands are household names in West Africa
To become a leading healthcare company in Nigeria within the next five years and be recognized as contributing to the reduction of suffering due to diseases and ill – health through the provision of high quality products and high levels of customer satisfaction while earning superior returns for our share – holders.
OUR CORE VALUES
- Listening to our customers, ascertaining their needs and finding solutions to such needs in a timely, cost effective way that profits all parties
- Supporting an intellectually stimulating and family friendly work environment
- Demonstrating fairness, honesty and integrity in all business interactions
- As the leading Laboratory Equipment distributor we shall put people (customers, employees and other stake holders) first in all our activities
- We shall be market – driven and offer products and services in a timely fashion to our customers that will result in long – term relationships which are mutually beneficial.
- We shall provide superior products, competitively priced to our customers
- We shall provide our employees a reward system that is world – class and a learning environment for optimizing talents and ensure achievement of set goals.
Depending on the need of our customers, we can provide on time solutions for their medical equipment requirements from current stock or urgent import by airfreight for items that are not too bulky. We can also import urgent courier importation of very urgent items – instrument and spare parts if the need arises.
As the leading Medical Equipment Supplier in Lagos Nigeria we serve several tertiary and secondary healthcare institutions in Nigeria number among our loyal patrons.
Federal Ministry of Health, Abuja
Federal Medical Centre, Ebute Metta. Lagos
Ekiti State University Teaching Hospital, Ado Ekiti, Ekiti State
Afe Babalola University Multi – System Hospital Complex (ABUAD), Ado Ekiti, Ekiti State
Federal Teaching Hospital, Ido Ekiti, Ekiti State (FETHI)
Aminu Kano Teaching Hospital, Kano, Kano State (AKTH)
University of Lagos Medical Services, Akoka, Lagos
We are constantly on the lookout for institutions and individuals requiring our services in the areas of Medical Equipment Supplier, Laboratory Equipment’s and commodities – drugs, surgical consumables etc.
Our Board of Directors is made of men and woman who have proven themselves in different spheres of human endeavor including Medicine, Accountancy, Pharmaceutical Business and Information Technology and therefore bring to the board a rich variety of knowledge and experience.
- Chief Olubunmi Olaopa fps – Chairman
- Professor O.A Atoyebi – Director
- Mr. Gbola Adebisi – Managing Director
- Mrs. Adenike Adebisi – Director
- Miss Remlekun Olaopa – Company Secretary/Legal Adviser